I hate the feeling of wanting to go somewhere, but not being able to. Whether it’s work, school, or money that’s keeping you from traveling, there’s ways to satisfy (if only partially) your need to get away from it all.
- Cook: Make something that you don’t typically eat at home. And no, tacos and pizza don’t count. Try something that isn’t easy to make with ingredients you have at home. You’ll have to go out and look for them, and it’ll become more than just cooking dinner. It’ll be an adventure. And don’t go to your regular supermarket, go to an ethnic grocery store, maybe you’ll find something better than what you were planning.
- Go out: If you really don’t want to cook, go to an authentic restaurant. That means no Olive Garden or Taco Bell alright?
- Music: Let’s face it, music makes people happy. If you’re feeling low spirited from your lack of travel, music is the way to go. Find songs in different languages, that remind you of the place you want to go. It’s easy to do, and you may find you’re new favorite song
- Movies: Watch a foreign film. No need to explain.
- Books: If movies aren’t your thing, read a book.
- Learn a language: If all you can think about is how much you want to go to Spain, why not learn some Spanish while you’re still home? There are many opportunities to do so, and it’ll make the trip (whenever it will be) that much better.